# records: 1
Fraser Coast Regional
152° 41' 49" E
25° 31' 24" S
Derived from town name which was derived from Mary River, named by Sir Charles Augustus Fitzroy (1796-1858) Governor of New South Wales 1846-54, in memory of his wife Lady Mary Lennox ( -1847) who was killed at Government House, Parramatta, on 7 December 1847. Note that the River was named before Lady Mary was killed. First use was ca. 1850, by William Labatt ( - ) surveyor.
Named and bounded by Minister for Natural Resources 18 December 1998. Regazetted by the Minister for Natural Resources, Mines and Energy and Minister for Trade on the 2 July 2010 due to the council amalgamations under the Local Government Reform Implementation Act 2007.